How to Pack for a Move: How to Have a Worry Free Move.At uBoxes, our products have helped many individuals, families, and companies move their items from one location to another - we've got a handful of moving tips for you! From what products are best for the size of your space, to simple packing tips for moving, we've got it all. Here are a few of our packing and moving tips:
1. Write everything down! You'll thank yourself later. Before you pack even one box, create a simple record keeping system with a printed list of numbers and a space to write the contents. Or have a spiral-bound notebook for the job. You'll place a number on every moving box you pack and list the contents on our list. Mark each packing box with its contents and destination room.
2. Develop a master “to do” list so you won't forget something critical.
3. Sort and get rid of things you no longer want or need. Have a garage sale, donate to a charity, or recycle.
4. Don't throw out everything. If your inclination is to just toss it, ask yourself how frequently you use an item and how you'd feel if you no longer had it.
5. Pack like items together. Put toys with toys, kitchen utensils with kitchen utensils.
6. Decide what if anything you plan to move yourself. Precious items, such as family photos, valuable breakables, or must-haves during the move, should probably stay with you.
7. Use the right moving box for the item. Loose items encourage breakage so use the right packing supplies.
8. Put heavy items in small moving boxes so they're easier to lift. Keep weight under 50 lbs. if possible.
9. Don't over-pack your boxes this will increase the chances they will break, and make sure they are at least 32ect strength.
10. Additionally, be sure to use the correct moving supplies such as bubble wrap, packing paper, foam, and furniture pads. All fragile items should be packed and wrapped separately. Also, pad the bottom and sides of boxes with wrapping paper or bubble wrap.
11. Label every box on all sides. You never know how they'll be stacked and you don't want to have to move other boxes aside to find out what's there.
12. Keep your moving documents together, including phone numbers, driver's name, and van number. Also keep your address book handy.
13. Back up your computer files before moving your computer.
14. Inspect each box and all furniture for damage as soon as it arrives.
15. Remember, most movers won't take plants.