How to Pack Boxes for A Move: Essential Tips to Consider
Packing is surely one of the most challenging, problematic, boring, and tiresome activities involved in every type of moving scenario. If you are planning to move into a new location, state or city, it’s apparent that you have many belongings and stuff that require appropriate boxing and packing.
Did you know that good packing is essential to your move? That’s because it guarantees for damage-free and safe transit of items to the new respective location. Furthermore, when we talk about packing stuff, a lot of movers often find themselves stranded because it’s not a great and happy chore.
In this post, we will help you with this problem and provide you with suggestions and tips about how to pack boxes for a move. Make sure that you pay close attention to every tip we provide.
Have enough of moving and packing supplies handy
You’ll require packing supplies such as labeling stickers, marking pen, scissors, packaging tape, tissue papers or newspapers, wrapping sheets, bubble wrap, cartons, boxes, and more. You need to ensure that you utilize packaging materials of high quality. You can inquire and ask your movers for suggested types of boxes and packing supplies.
Choose the right type and size of strong cartons and boxes
You need to pack bulky objects in smaller cartons. These valuables might be your record albums, canned food, books or other items. We suggest that you employ suggested cartons or boxes to pack items such as mattresses, clocks, mirrors, glass shelves, glass tops, big picture and a lot more.
If you are moving locally, you can move some personal stuff yourself. Those items might be your TV's, clocks, mirrors, glass shelves, glass tops, and big pictures. Basically, those items can be packed for a shorter distance move. Flat screen TV's and glass items must always be packed properly whether it’s moved for long distance or short distance.
Here are the tips on how to pack boxes for a move:
- Pack one room at a time. Make sure that you don’t attempt to pack every room items in a single day. If you do, it is certain that you’ll get lost and tired. It’s also probable that you will be not able to package all your rooms. That’s not good for you, right?
- Tape the bottoms of cartons or boxes appropriately. You need to use several strips of high-quality packaging tape firmly.
- Place bulky objects on the bottom of the box and the lighter objects of the top to avoid any damages.
- Employ a lot of wrapping sheets, bubble wraps, padding materials to avoid damage during transit.
- Put fragile or breakable items carefully in cartons or boxes.
- Fill cartons or boxes appropriately with no void areas for items to shift and damage items.
- Close the carton box and seal it with the use of a heavy duty packaging tape.
- Don’t forget to label every box correctly and properly.
We hope these suggestions and tips on how to pack boxes for a move is helpful in the packing of cartons or boxes when you are planning to move to a new home. Happy packing!