Six Facts about Medium Size Moving Boxes
When comparing boxes for moving and shipping they are similar in quality and weight. However, because they are made specifically to pack items up for a move, some may come with extra features to make it easier to store specific items and to lift the box when all the packing is done. Some moving boxes are also made with extra thick cardboard to allow for heavier packing.
All of this sometimes is not enough to convince people to purchase a new moving box because they believe that they would be getting similar quality from slightly used boxes from the grocery stores or from friends who have also recently moved. However, if you have valuable items that you do not want to get damaged, it is advisable to err on the side of caution and go for new moving boxes. Even for tight budgets, there are a good number of reasonably priced moving boxes.
Moving boxes are most often classified into these size types: Small, Medium, Large and Extra Large. For the purpose of this article, we will provide some insight into what you can expect from a medium sized moving box if you purchase one. You may also be able to glean some new information even if you have already purchased one.
- First of all, medium sized moving boxes have an existing rule of thumb about the weight of the items that you put inside them. It is advised that you should not let each box weigh more than 50 pounds. The boxes are actually strong enough to contain items weighing a bit more than that figure, but even if you absolutely have to pack the box up to the weight limit, you should only do this for a few boxes. This is because anything over 50 pounds may prove too heavy for you to carry. Even if you hire movers, you may still have to carry the boxes from room to room by yourself while you’re packing, so it is advisable to keep it relatively light, so you don't hurt yourself.
- A medium sized moving box is mainly built for packing small household items. You can pack small to medium sized appliances in them, as well as children’s toys. Other items that could go into the box include clocks, blenders, toasters, mixers and/or mixing bowls, coffee makers, Tupperware and video games.
- The dimensions of a medium-sized moving box include a width of 18 inches, a length of 18 inches and a depth of 14 inches. It is only a little bigger than the small moving box which has 16 by 10 by 10 dimensions and can contain items of the same weight.
- The weight limit of a medium sized moving box is 65 pounds, the same as the small moving box, and only 5 pounds less than the large box.
- The box can comfortably hold items of up to 3 cubic feet.
- Apart from specialty boxes, medium sized moving boxes are the most commonly used. This is because they can conveniently contain a large number of basic household items used by the average person.
Need moving boxes, kit or supplies? Try uboxes.com!