De-clutter and Depersonalize
- Clear off countertops
- Make space in cupboards
- Mail goes into drawer
- Remove all magnets, photos, drawings, etc. from refrigerator
- Pack up collections with small moving boxes
- Put all soaps, towels, cleaning supplies under sink
- Pack away appliances you rarely use with
- Store frequently used appliances like, coffee pots, in cabinets with protective moving supplies
- Put pet dishes out of way
Deep Clean and Repair
Take it to the Bank TIP #2 - Paint is an inexpensive way to revamp a room!
Poor color scheme, outrageous, dark, or faux paint, and outdated wallpaper can easily turn off prospective buyers. Painting a neutral color can make a huge difference, and you can consult your local paint store for ideas.
If you cannot repaint, then tone down a room with neutral accessories.
- Must be bright and natural lighting is the best
- Replace wallpaper and paint neutral colors
- Hardwood/marble floors are a bonus show them off
- Throw rugs makes a room look small and detract
- Say “Welcome” with fresh flowers or a freshly baked pie