Padlock 1-1/2" Long Shank
- Longer Shank Padlock For Storage Lockers and Storage Containers
- Length of lock left to right: 1 1/2”
- Width front to back: 3/4”
- Long Shank Padlock Total height: 4”
- Clearance height: 2 3/16” and Barb thickness: 1/4”
Secure Moving and Storage Locks
Security of the belongings during moving or storage is of utmost importance for everyone and a certain level of security could be reached by simply choosing the correct locks. To pick the best lock is dependent on what is the lock being used for. The disc locks work very well for locking the storage rooms, moving trucks and PUD style storage units. Most people in the self-storage business recommend disc locks over padlocks. That does not necessarily eliminate the importance of the padlocks in securing the content of moving trucks, storage units or sheds. All thieves are opportunistic looking for a quick break in and having a lock on the doors is a preventive tool to discourage break-ins.
The main reason is the style of the shackle in the disc locks. The protective shackle eliminates the use of the ordinary bolt-cutters to break these disc locks. It is important to realize the fact that all ordinary padlocks and disc locks are designed to act as deterrents. While most locks are vulnerable to be picked by professional thieves not having them is an open invitation to everyone to help themselves with your valuables. Also, even the professional pickers would move to the inferior quality locks when they see the more difficult to lock to pick.
What Kind of Lock Can I Use For Storage Containers or Lockers?
To choose the best lock for your storage container, rental truck, or locker measure the lock height and width required. See what the lock must loop through to choose the best style lock for the items or container you want to secure. uBoxes offers a variety of lock options including disc locks, long shank locks, and padlocks. Some storage containers stack on top of each other and it is important the lock be narrow like the disc lock. Other containers such as rental trucks may require the shank part of the lock to be longer. By measuring or inquiring ahead of time you will be able to choose the right type of lock for your move.
uBoxes offers both high-quality padlocks and disc locks, the padlocks could be purchased in packages of one or two per package.
- Heavy Duty Disc Locks Ideal for Shipping Containers and Storage Units
- High-Security Stainless Steel Laser-Welded Construction
- 7 Millimeter Round Disc Locks for Moving and Storage
- Hidden Shackle Makes It Difficult for Bolt Cutters
- 5 Pin Mushroom Tumblers, Difficult to Pick the Lock
- Harden Steel
The round disc locks are designed to be more pick-resistance than the simple spool style locks.
- Secure Your Move with Quality Padlocks
- Short Shank Padlocks, Make Your Move a Secure Move
- 1 ½” Chrome Plated Heavy Laminated
- Double Locking Heel and Toe
- Hardened Chromed- Steel Shackle
- 5 Pin 40 Millimeter Solid Brass Cylinder
|Country of Manufacture|
|•||Many moving containers use long shank padlocks to secure their containers|
|•||Container Moving Companies and Truck Rentals generally advise clients to buy a secure lock|
|•||Padlocks may be used many times to secure different types of facilities or goods|
|•||Always measure your item you want to secure with a long shank style lock to ensure the proper dimensions|
|•||Each lock is specific to a type of enclosure to secure and must be measured carefully|
|Package size||9.5 x 9.5 x 0.5|